Unfocused Girl drew this in the car on the way home from New York Thanksgiving weekend. It may be my favorite of all of her drawings this year, even if it’s a little shaky from the stop-and-go traffic going into Pennsylvania. The movie industry is all about remakes and sequels, so I think she could go far with this concept:
ZORRO VS. THE VAMPIRE!
VAMPIRE: I vant to suck your blood!
ZORRO: I leave you with this, senor.
WHIP CRACKS: BAM BAM BAM! A bloody Z appears on the chest of the vampire.
ZORRO: For not even I can give you all my blood. That would give my life to evil. This is the price you pay when you kill innocent people.
We’ll write up the treatment over winter break and start shopping it to agents and production companies. Are Affleck and Damon still doing Project Greenlight? And more importantly, will she give me an executive producer credit?
That is very very excellent!!
Unfocused Girl is my favorite of the Unfocused clan!
Well, now, I’m glad you like her — we’re pretty fond of her ourselves, but keep in mind that Unfocused Junior is just a little feller, not yet five. He has his own passions (which he’ll tell you about in great detail if you give him half a chance), he just isn’t always as quotable as his precocious older sister. He’s working on it, though.
That is totally awesome! I think UG and AJ need to start their own comic book company.
Also, you requested questions. Here they are. Because I’m lazy, the first four I’m giving to everybody who asked (#2 is stolen from the ones lass gave me, because I had fun thinking about the answer). But the last one is just for you!
1. Your house is on fire. All the people and pets are already out and safe. You can take only one thing with you. What will it be and why?
2. A benefactor has agreed to fund you for a year. There are no strings attached – you can do whatever you’d like for 12 months, practical or frivolous, and have it all paid for by this person. What will you do?
3. Tell me about your favorite place (you can interpret this as narrowly or broadly as you like — a cozy chair, an interesting continent). Why is it your favorite? When did you first go there? When did you last go there? What is your favorite memory there? Is there someone you would especially like to take there?
4. Of all the things that you have made or done in your life so far, what are you most proud of? Why does the thing you picked mean the most to you?
5. I’ve known you for a long time, but I didn’t know until recently that you’ve wanted to write. And now you’ve got a novel under your belt and you’ve been cranking out stories right and left while managing to hold down a serious day (and sometimes night and weekend) job and parenting your kids. What motivate you to make your life crazier with writing (or does it make it saner?) How do you make the time? Do you have any advice for those trying to figure out how to move from the “wish I could” to “I’ve finished a draft”?
Thanks for playing!
Harriet – I’m sure UG would love to draw comics with AJ. Maybe we can get them together soon.
Thanks for the five questions. It might take me a day or so to get them done — I can answer a couple right away, but the others will require some thought.